“It takes a village to raise a child,
and it takes an eco-system to raise a start-up.”
In close collaboration with corporate and financing partners, social enterprises, hubs, and networks, we support the growth of an enabling environment for young entrepreneurs in the digital sector – to facilitate better access to finance, markets and skills.
- unleash the creativity and potential of entrepreneurs
- collaborate with the brightest minds to shape a digital future
- promote digital technologies to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- create new jobs and opportunities
- inspire. digital innovation by sharing good practices and showcases
- connect. and support tech start-ups through matchmaking and other exposure opportunities
- develop. and create a supportive environment for digital entrepreneurship
The Make-IT Accelerator strengthens entrepreneurs’ skills to scale their innovation and achieve growth, cooperation and investment readiness.
Digital Innovation Made in Africa
We showcase selected tech entrepreneurs focusing on social impact, in different formats, like exhibition, web-clips and online catalogues.
Entrepreneur’s guides to investment
Explaining how to access capital in Kenya and Nigeriato, foster financing opportunities by sharing information and match start-ups and investors introducing funding instruments and sharing an investor directory.
TEF-GIZ entrepreneurship programme 2018
Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) and Make-IT in Africa collaborate to strengthen 210 ICT and tech-enabled entrepreneurs with capacity development, mentoring and seed funding aiming at creating new jobs and growth in 54 African countries.
Airbus BizLab & Make-IT joint accelerator programme
Airbus BizLab and Make-IT in Africa’s joint accelerator #africa4future aims to support 10 tech start-ups in the fields of unmanned logistics and remote sensing to find technology solutions contributing to UN SDG #9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure.
The support is fantastic and helpful. It has helped us to further shape our business into a more profitable solution. It has also helped us highlight some of the activities that we should continue to track. We are also further highlighting our unique value proposition. It has been a fantastic journey.