eProd provides affordable agrotech-management solutions which are designed to handle large numbers of agritech-suppliers. It enables to respond to the requirements of demanding markets and to address the management challenges that aggregators and food processors experience while sourcing from large numbers of small scale suppliers.
eProd enables to:
- Create comprehensive farmer profiles, including easy access to credit status of individual farmers, training attendance, field data, supply contracts, GPS location, and photos
- Improve the productivity of your farmers, including monitoring field activities, managing input distribution and product aggregation, and enabling traceability and quality-based payments
- Manage your finances and farmer transactions, including enabling mobile payments, automating payments for inputs and advances, and managing incentives
- Manage your business and employees, including monitoring the efficiency of your staff, and improving decision-making, planning, and transparency through reliable reporting
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities, including enabling measurement of impact and ensuring that reporting data is accurate and accessible
- Flexible system configurations, including a mobile application that works both online and off, and powerful API integrations
- Communicate effectively with farmers and employees, including using integrated SMS and email, and creating reports to share with individual farmers
eProd was developed initially by a Kenyan chilli consolidator who was frustrated with the lack of software applications that could deal with the complexity of managing thousands of smallholder farmers and the high demands of the export market. Initially developed for their own use, they quickly received requests to expand its functionality to meet the needs of other value chains.