WHY WE ARE A MEMBER OF MAKE-IT
Bitkom welcomes the idea of combining activities of different associations and companies in the Make-IT Alliance.
Together with the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, the Make-IT Alliance should support our member companies through different types of collaboration:
- Access to start-ups in developing countries
- Opportunities in investment, employees and business partners on-site
- Contribution to Corporate Social Responsibility
- Various contacts, from local networks and accelerators to political decision-makers
- Local expertise, from risks and cultural background to structure of markets
WHAT WE DO
Bitkom is Germany’s digital association. Founded in 1999 as a merger of individual industry associations in Berlin, we represent more than 2,500 companies in the digital economy.
These companies offer a range of software and IT, telecommunications and Internet services, manufacture hardware and consumer electronics, operate in the digital media and Internet industries and otherwise play a role in the digital economy.
Bitkom mainly advocates for innovative economic policies, the modernisation of the educational system and future-oriented network policies.