Tech Entrepreneurship Initiative ‘Make-IT in Africa’
…is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (German Development Cooperation, GIZ) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) as part of BMZ’s Digital Africa Initiative.
We promote digital innovation for sustainable and inclusive development from West and East African entrepreneurs in their early growth phase. In close collaboration with corporate and financing partners, social enterprises, hubs and networks Make-IT in Africa creates an enabling environment for better access to finance, markets and skills.
- unleash the creativity and potential of entrepreneurs
- collaborate with the brightest minds to shape a digital future
- promote digital technologies to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- create new jobs and opportunities
- key sectors for sustainable development, such as e-agriculture, education, smart energy, e-health, fintech etc.
- cross-cutting technlogies (e.g. Internet of Things, 3D printing, fintech, blockchain, artificial intelligence)
- female and young entrepreneurs in West and East Africa!
- focus on sustainable and inclusive development
- generate better data for better decisions
- use open standards, open data, open source and open innovation
- do not duplicate but reuse brilliant ideas
- address privacy and security issues
- collaborate with stakeholders who share the same vision for improving the entrepreneurial ecosystem!
Make-IT promotes digital innovation in Africa along the motto:
- inspire. digital innovation by sharing good practices and showcases.
- connect. and support tech start-ups through matchmaking and other exposure opportunities.
- develop. and create a supportive environment for digital entrepreneurship.
In between ideas and success, there is a gel that bonds everything to its right place. That gel is a “Team”.
Make-IT collaborates with a wide range of ecosystem partners and encourages participation in all areas of the Make-IT Initative.